Sunday, February 14, 2010

This is Dad!!!

Well this is my first post. It is the night before our heart cath. We have decided to come to the hotel beside the hospital in case the weather decides to turn sour on us tonight. It has been nearly 2 years since we have ben here at this place. I remeber it very well. Since Allie was born we as a family have realized how to lay everything down at God's feet. I will be honest, I could not be the father or husband that I am called to be without the strenth that I recieve from God. I have never really made my feeling about this whole blessing known. I see Allie's condition as a blessing. God can use my family to help further his kingdom. Allie is a true blessing from God. As I sit here tonight I am listening to the Casting Crowns song if I ever needed you. It is amazing how a song can make you look back at your life a realize how blessed you have been. Since we have been on this journey, we have found ourselves at the top of the mountain and in the deepest valley, but God never fails to wipe the tears away and take us back to the top. What an awesome God we serve. Let me encourage you, if you are reading this post and something is tugging at our heart, it is not heart burn it is God reminding you that he is forever faithful and that he loves you as Allie would say "To the Moon and Back". Submit yourself to him and be a tool in His hand.

When I am weak you make me strong. I will stand on your truth and I will fight with your strenght until you bring the victory by the power of Christ in me. Lord we praise you tonight for your love and mercy. I know that I am not perfect but I thank you for loving me. I thank you and Praise you.

Amen