Well for as long as Allie has been in this world she has slept in our room or I have slept in her room with her. Mostly because I just couldn't let go because I was worried that something would happen to her (health/heart wise) while she was sleeping. As always, when I begin to worry God reminds me that He is in control!! For the last 2 months or so Allie and I have been sleeping on an air mattress in her bedroom. Yesterday, Josh and I cleaned up/out her bedroom (which we coined "the playroom" since there hasn't been a bed in there) and put away the air mattress. I told Allie later that she needed to sleep in her bed (which was in our bedroom)... Her response to that was "Daddy will you move my Pooh Bear bed in my room?" So Josh told her that he would but that meant that Mommy wouldn't be able to sleep with her. At first she was excited that her bed was in her room, but then you could see the anxiety start to flair up as it got closer to bedtime. Eventually getting in and out of her bed she came into the living room and feel asleep in my lap. I moved her to her bed and she slept through the night (something that she doesn't do often). Wow!! Tonight she put herself to bed... Mommy has to get use to this. I didn't sleep a wink last night.
Super proud of our BIG girl!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sleeping In Her Own Bed!!
Posted by Hinton Family at 11:10 PM
